On behalf of the Conference Program Planning Committee we would like to encourage you to submit your proposals that reflect topics connected to gifted education.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by Scientific Committee.
Main conference topics
1. Family experience with needs of gifted children and with possibilities of meeting their needs.
Availability and quality of cooperation with experts. Help in urgent cases. Diagnostics, support, remedy, therapy, prevention.
SENG – Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
HELP – High European Learning Potential
2. School – opportunities for healthy development of personality and potential of the gifted within compulsory education.
A high quality education system as a basis for the care of the gifted. Variants of gifted education. Teacher qualifications for working with the gifted. The attitude of society to the gifted and it’s influence on educational policy. Examples of good practice in schools from the perspective of parents, psychologists, teachers and institutions.
3. Talent development beyond compulsory education.
Upbringing of future experts and good quality interest activities. Development of extraordinary talents. Mentoring.
STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics – the joy of learning and discovering.
Talent development centres, summer schools, children universities, competitions, online courses, non-formal education, etc.
4. Experience of gifted children and adults: Influence of school and family on healthy development of personality and potential.
Examples of successful personality development, overcoming obstacles and handicaps. What has been proved as successful and what to avoid in upbringing and education of the gifted. Student initiatives to support mental health (Nevypusť duši - Do not let go of the soul). What needs to be changed in order to improve the system.
5. The importance of supporting the gifted children for individual as well as society - advocacy of gifted care.
Basic laws and concepts. Ethics, elite, excellence. Integration and inclusion. Individualization and differentiation as an important part of education. Interest and awareness as a basis for successful cooperation in education and upbringing of the gifted. Expertise, ethics, reason and feelings as necessary conditions for successful work on development of personality and potential of gifted children.
There are four types of presentations: Workshops (two different types of duration), Papers and Poster.
Workshop (90 minutes)
Workshop (180 minutes)
Paper (15 – 20 minutes + 5 minutes discussion)
Poster (will be displayed all the time during the conference)
Please read these instructions carefully before submitting your work!
- The official conference language will be English; all submissions should be made in English.
- All abstracts are limited to 200 words.
- Abstracts should be structured using the following headings: Aim (of your workshop/paper/brief paper), Methods (how you accomplish the aim), Results (what is the contribution of your workshop/paper/brief paper), Discussion
Dates to Remember
- Online submissions will be open from February 15, 2019 to April 15, 2019
- Notifications of acceptance will be emailed in May 2019 (to be able to register on time for early fee)